Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 11.1.17
November 1, 2017
- Spend time each day, especially this month of November, praying for the Holy Souls in purgatory.
“Eternal father, I offer You the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, for those in my own home, and in my family. Amen.”
- Extended Care will now be held in the Father Burkhardt Building (across the parking lot – blue doors) where Preschool is held starting November 1st.
- Student Council will be meeting after school this Wednesday, November 1 until 4:00. We will be making posters, so bring supplies to decorate.
- For school winter uniform, please refer to the handbook. Skirts need to be checked for length. Girls’ skirts must touch the floor when kneeling. As students grow, hems should be lowered so that they are at an appropriately length. In addition, girls’ hair accessories must be tasteful (no big bows, sequins, or logos) and must match the uniform navy color. There will be navy stretch headbands on sale in the office for $2.00 each.
- Fall H.S.A. Scholastic Book Fair – Volunteers Needed!
- The HSA is looking for volunteers to assist with the book fair scheduled on 11/10 – 11/12. This is a great opportunity to earn Angel Points and to help your school! Please see Sign-Up Genius for details and available opportunities. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084eafa723a4f94-hsa2
- **EXTENDED CARE AIDE** Sacred Heart School is in need of an aide to help with Extended Care. All interested applicants should inquire at Sacred Heart School at 610-837-6391
- Spaghetti Dinner reservations now being accepted! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084ea5ac22a0ff2-christmas6 RSVP early and please feel free to bring along other friends or family members; this is our exclusive “Family Pre-sale night” so you can come shop, eat dinner and socialize.
- Cookie bar and kitchen need help. Sign- ups are coming shortly.
- *It’s that time of year again! Please join us for the 5th Annual Christmas boutique – we need lots of volunteers to make this event happen AND you can earn Angel Points for your family. Please click this link to sign up for volunteer shifts for set up and clean up, the Kitchen, Cookie bar, sales Floor and cashier duty. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da5ad28a3f94-shschristmas1 Please remember, no children will be allowed to be with you when you work your shift(s). **
- A stadium chair was left at the HSA campfire. It is folded up in a green bag. Please come into the school office to pick it up.
- Bethlehem Catholic is looking for girls willing to try out for basketball for this year’s Freshman team. The team will be made up of 7th, 8th and 9th grade Catholic school players. If you’re interested and feel you have the talent to play at this level please come to tryouts at Bethlehem Catholic on Saturday November 18th from 9:30-12:00pm.
- An envelope was sent home in last week’s PIE folder with instruction on how to log into the new Option C system to see grades and academic progress of your children. Last year we used the Ascend program but we were notified that the company was dissolved and it was recommended to us to use the Option C program. Option C is a great way for parents to keep up with vital information about the progress of their children. Please go onto the website and check it out.
- Wild West Book Fair Flyer
- Child Protection Catechesis Letter
- Pizza Order Forms
- Pizza Form
- Wild West Book Fair Flyer 11.