Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 1.2.20
- Happy New Year!
- A New Year Prayer – Thank you Lord for giving me the band new year ahead.Help me live the way I should as each new day I tread. Give me gentle wisdom that I may help a friend, Give me strength and courage so a shoulder I might lend. The year is empty; help me fill it with good things-Each new day filled with joy and happiness it brings.Amen
- Help for Catholic Schools Week events: We are looking for help in preparing a school run Sacred Heart
Spaghetti Night on Monday, January 27 with an invite to our parish community. We need everyone to help in
this event. Please check out the Signup Genius link and choose a time that you can help. This will be a
wonderful way to bring our whole parish and school community together! Thank you!
- There will be an Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, January 9th from 6-7 pm. in the Post Room in Father Burkhardt Building.
- We will begin Thursday Pretzel Days are back and will beginning on January 9th. Please sign up below if you are able to pick up the pretzels on one of the Thursdays. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel
- “Oh the weather outside is frightful,”… but your ears will be warm in our new Sacred Heart ear bands. The ear bands are $10 each. Send in your order today!
- TRICKY TRAY!!! We will be meeting on Monday, January 6th from 6:15-7:15 pm in the school auditorium (enter through back school door steps to main hall) to review and move forward with planning our Tricky Tray fundraiser. Please help in this most needed fundraiser. Thank you!
- There will be an HSA Meeting on Wednesday, January 15 at 6:15 in the Post Room of the Father Burkhardt Building (building across the parking lot with blue doors). Please use the rear entrance.
- Catholic Schools’ Week will begin with 11:00 Mass on Sunday, January 26th followed by an Open House. Please invite friends to come learn about why you love Sacred Heart School!
- HSA is selling Wawa shortie hoagie cards for $4.50 each. They make great stocking stuffers. Remember there is no expiration date.
- We are looking for parents to come and share their career on Thursday, during Catholic School’s Week – Celebrating Vocations. If you are able to come to share your vocation, please complete the form below and return to the office.
- The 2020 Bishop Scholar Application for students attending a Catholic High School was sent home with your 8th grade student. Please note that this application must returned by February 13th.
- WLEV Radio – is looking for students to do the morning weather report! Follow the link below for more information! It is a great – FREE – way to get Sacred Heart students and our school name on the radio! Sign Up Here for Weather Kid Students!
- Next hot dog day will be January 7th and pizza will be January 10th. All orders need to be in the school office no later than 2:30 pm Friday, Jan. 3. Order forms are attached below.
- Gertrude Hawk candy bar fundraiser is sold out and complete. Money is due by January 10th.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Christmas Boutique
- Tricky Tray
- Organizing the uniforms in the HSA closet.
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
January 13th – Breakfast for Lunch (waffles and sausage) Volunteer help needed.
January 6th – Tricky Tray Meeting
January 9th – Advise Board Meeting
January 15th – HSA Meeting 6:15 in the Post Room of the Father Burkhardt Building (building across
the alley). Please enter through the door to the rear of the building.
January 20th – School is closed for Teacher In-service
January 22nd – Progress Reports Issued
January 26 – Opening Mass for Catholic Schools Week and Open House (Student Council hosts)
January 26-January 31 – Catholic Schools Week!
- NOW**Sacred Heart School will continue to notify the school through One Call and updates on the WFMZ. You can also sign up for their instant texter. Once information is uploaded to the Stormcenter, you will receive a text. This is how to sign up: Go to stormcenter update on WFMZ Website then scroll down and click Stormcenter Update Text Alerts and follow directions to receive direct text alerts as they are uploaded.
- Breakfast for Lunch Order Form
- Celebrate Vocations
- SHS Winter Headband Order Form
- WaWa Hoagie Fundraiser
- Hot Dog and Pizza Order Form