Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 1.9.20
- Happy New Year!
- A New Year Prayer – Thank you Lord for giving me the band new year ahead.Help me live the way I should as each new day I tread. Give me gentle wisdom that I may help a friend, Give me strength and courage so a shoulder I might lend. The year is empty; help me fill it with good things-Each new day filled with joy and happiness it brings.Amen
- There will be an Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, January 9th from 6-7 pm. in the Post Room in Father Burkhardt Building.
- There will be an HSA Meeting on Wednesday, January 15 at 6:15 in the Post Room of the Father Burkhardt Building (building across the parking lot with blue doors). Please use the rear entrance.
- Catholic Schools’ Week will begin with 11:00 Mass on Sunday, January 26th followed by an Open House. Please invite friends to come learn about why you love Sacred Heart School!
- CELEBRATING OUR COMMUNITY! We are having a Spaghetti Dinner on Monday, January 27th from 4:30-7:30. Spaghetti Dinner Forms were sent home today! Please secure a time and send in your reservation/money as soon as possible!
- Help for Catholic Schools Week events: We are looking for help in preparing a school run Sacred Heart
Spaghetti Night on Monday, January 27th with an invite to our parish community. We need everyone to help with
this event. Please check out the Signup Genius link and choose a time that you can help. This will be a
wonderful way to bring our whole parish and school community together! Thank you!
- Our Annual Skateaway Night and Grandparent Bingo are scheduled for Catholic Schools Week. Schedule and information are in the attachments.
- CAN YOU HELP PICK UP/DELIVER? We will begin Thursday Pretzel Days are back and will beginning on January 9th. Please sign up below if you are able to pick up the pretzels on one of the Thursdays. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel
- “Oh the weather outside is frightful,”… but your ears will be warm in our new Sacred Heart ear bands. The ear bands are $10 each. Send in your order today!
- As we prepare for Tricky Tray, we are looking for coffee cans and lids to replace old ones. Also, we are accepting donations of cellophane, baskets, and filler paper when we need to create baskets. Thank you!
- HSA is selling Wawa shortie hoagie cards for $4.50 each. Remember there is no expiration date.
- Gertrude Hawk candy bar fundraiser is sold out and complete. Money is due by January 10th.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Spaghetti Dinner Night: Kitchen, Set-Up, Clean-Up
- Tricky Tray
- Pretzel Pick-Up/Delivery
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
January 9th – Advisory Board Meeting
January 13th – Breakfast for Lunch (waffles and sausage) Volunteer help needed.
January 15th – HSA Meeting 6:15 pm
January 20th – School is closed for Teacher In-service
January 22nd – Progress Reports Issued
January 26 – Opening Mass for Catholic Schools Week and Open House (Student Council hosts)
Open House 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
January 26-January 31 – Catholic Schools Week!
- The 2020 Bishop Scholar Application for students attending a Catholic High School was sent home with your 8th grade student. Please note that this application must returned by February 13th.
- NOW**Sacred Heart School will continue to notify the school through One Call and updates on the WFMZ. You can also sign up for their instant texter. Once information is uploaded to the Stormcenter, you will receive a text. This is how to sign up: Go to stormcenter update on WFMZ Website then scroll down and click Stormcenter Update Text Alerts and follow directions to receive direct text alerts as they are uploaded.
- Catholic School Week Schedule
- Annual Skating Party
- Spaghetti Dinner
- January Calender
- Breakfast for Lunch Order Form
- SHS Winter Headband Order Form
- WaWa Hoagie Fundraiser