Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 10.2.19
October 2, 2019
- October is the Month of the Holy Rosary. Let us set aside extra time this month to pray the Rosary. The Rosary is the most powerful recited prayers that we can make when we desire a miracle or some other grace from God. By reflecting on Our Lord’s life and Our Most Holy Mother’s experiences, we become more like the woman who bore all things for the sake of obedience of God’s will. Another important devotion for this month focuses on the Guardian Angels (October 2). Each one of us is assigned a Guardian Angel to be there for us in life’s difficult times. Every day we should pray to our Guardian Angel. Angel of God, My guardian dear, To Whom His love Commits me here. Ever this day Be at my side, To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen
- Blessing of the Animals will be held on October 4th (Feast of St. Francis of Assisi) after the 8:30 First Friday Mass in the upper parking lot!
- HSA is beginning to prepare for our Annual Campfire, which will be held on Friday, October 12 from 6pm- 9pm. Please check out the Signup Genius link below for donations of chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. Volunteers can also sign up for Angel Points. We will be truly grateful for any help that you can give to support this fun event! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45aca62fa2fb6-sacred
- PRETZEL THURSDAYS!!! Starting October 3rd. Bring in your $1.00 for a pretzel. Pretzels will be given out at lunch time. We are looking for a few parents that can help us in picking up pretzels from Pretzel Factory and delivering them to Sacred Heart on Thursdays by 11:45. This is an opportunity to earn some Angel Points. Please sign up below for a day that you are available. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel
- ** PICTURE DAY**Lifetouch will be coming next Thursday, October 10th to take school pictures. Students should wear their regular school uniform. In grades 6-8, boys should wear your oxford shirts with ties. Girls in the upper grades should wear oxford shirt also with sweaters. These will be our yearbook pictures. Order forms are sent home today in the PIE.
- **IMPORTANT** A parent survey was sent home with you child for each family. These forms are so needed to secure the funding that we receive from the state. Please return this form as soon as possible. All information is kept confidential. Thank you for your assistance with this information.
- The HSA had their first meeting and we have attached information of the minutes below. Please join us for the next meeting to be held at the end of the month of October. More information will be forthcoming in the next PIE. Please make time this year to make at least one meeting so that we can have your input on events and fundraisers for our students and school community. Thank you!
- As the cooler weather is coming, students must wear the Sacred Heart School sweater for regular uniform days and gym sweatshirts/sweatpants for gym days. All winter uniforms will go into effect on October 15th. Please refer to the handbook, which is found in the attachments and on the school website.
- Sacred Heart Preschool is looking for a part-time aid to work our teachers, Mrs. Brittany Fontoura and Mrs. Jennifer Maruscak. Please contact the office if you or someone you know is interested.
- **Mandatory Fundraising opportunity** Our Matey’s pizza is our current opportunity towards fundraising. Forms were sent home last week in the PIE and are attached to the PIE! All orders are due by October 8th and Pick is on October 17th in the auditorium afterschool.
- Please take time to review the Handbook and share information with your child various topics on rules and regulations with uniform and discipline. Please sign and return the Handbook Policy Agreement .
- Join the Band.. Anyone from Grades 3-8. Why join? Well, learning and instrument teaches a person responsibility and commitment, but also builds confidence. Also, it’s fun and engaging!
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- A parent to manage the online Scripts for gift cards
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
10/10 – School Picture Day (No Gym) Students Must Wear School Uniform
10/11 – Student Council Induction and Campfire
10/14 – School is Closed – Columbus Day
10/16 – Progress Reports
10/22 – Bath Halloween Parade
10/24 and 10/25 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.
- Lifetouch Picture Day Order Forms
- KidsStuff Book Pre-School Fundraiser started on September 6th and goes to September 30th. Please return if you ae not ordering. Thank you.
**SOCCER SIGNUPS** “Sacred Heart CYO is accepting Fall Soccer signups. Please let our CYO Director, Frank Hesch know if your child will be participating in this year’s Fall Soccer Program. Even if you have yet to turn in registration forms, our CYO is compiling how many players we will have to determine how many teams we will field. We are looking at fielding teams for the U7, U10, and U12 age groups. The season starts in early September. Contact Frank Hesch at email@example.com or call him at 610-462-0697.