Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 10.9.19
October 9, 2019
- October is the Month of the Holy Rosary. Let us set aside extra time this month to pray the Rosary. The Rosary is the most powerful recited prayers that we can make when we desire a miracle or some other grace from God. By reflecting on Our Lord’s life and Our Most Holy Mother’s experiences, we become more like the woman who bore all things for the sake of obedience of God’s will. Another important devotion for this month focuses on the Guardian Angels (October 2). Each one of us is assigned a Guardian Angel to be there for us in life’s difficult times. Every day we should pray to our Guardian Angel. Angel of God, My guardian dear, To Whom His love Commits me here. Ever this day Be at my side, To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen
- CAMPFIRE: HSA is beginning to prepare for our Annual Campfire, which will be held on Friday, October 12 from 6pm- 9pm. Please check out the Signup Genius link below for donations of chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. Volunteers can also sign up for Angel Points. We will be truly grateful for any help that you can give to support this fun event! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45aca62fa2fb6-sacred
- MATEY’S PIZZA PICK-UP – Matey’s Pizza Pick-Up is on Thursday, October 17, from 3 – 4 pm. Please make arrangements to pick up your pizzas during that time since we do not have freezer space to store pizzas that are left behind. Thank you.
- Halloween Parade is coming up on Tuesday, October 22. More information in an extra slice of PIE.
- PRETZEL THURSDAYS!!! Starting October 3rd. Bring in your $1.00 for a pretzel.
- PICTURE DAY**Lifetouch will be tomorrow Thursday, October 10th to take school pictures. Students should wear their regular school uniform. In grades 6-8, boys should wear your oxford shirts with ties. Girls in the upper grades should wear oxford shirt also with sweaters. These will be our yearbook pictures. Order forms are sent home today in the PIE.
- As the cooler weather is coming, students must wear the Sacred Heart School sweater for regular uniform days and gym sweatshirts/sweatpants for gym days. All winter uniforms will go into effect on October 15th. Please refer to the handbook, which is found in the attachments and on the school website.
- Sacred Heart Preschool is looking for a part-time aid to work our teachers, Mrs. Brittany Fontoura and Mrs. Jennifer Maruscak. Please contact the office if you or someone you know is interested.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Help out at Campfire- All parents are welcome!
- A parent to manage the online Scripts for gift cards
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
10/10 – School Picture Day (No Gym) Students Must Wear School Uniform
10/11 – Student Council Induction and Campfire
10/14 – School is Closed – Columbus Day
10/16 – Progress Reports
10/22 – Bath Halloween Parade
10/24 and 10/25 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.