Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 11.21.18
November 21, 2018
- The month of November is dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory. Our Lord told St Gertrude the Great that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well:
“Eternal Father, I offer the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
- Middle School Newsletter: Learn about all the exciting activities of middle school by checking out our monthly newsletter. See attachment.
- Calling all Sacred Heart Families!! Our 6th annual Christmas boutique is 2 ½ weeks away and we are in need of volunteers. Volunteer sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4baba72fa1ff2-shschristmas This is a great way to earn your Angel Point! AND it’s so much fun! Join us on Friday, November 30th for our an amazing Spaghetti dinner at our Friends and Family Presale night, along with Photos with Santa!
- Mrs. Claus Bistro will be open again for another delicious spaghetti dinner. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4eaead28a7fb6-christmas (see attachment)
- But Baby It’s Cold Outside!” Perfect time to get your “baking on!” Please, please bake some cookies for our Christmas Boutique cookie bar! We need your help. THANK YOU! Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4baba72fa1ff2-christmas
- Gertrude Hawk candy bar fundraiser has started. Orders that came in will be filled on Thursday, November 29th. Orders can be picked up during school days from 8:00 AM to 2:45 PM or sent home with your children. Remember you can get 50% credit put towards your mandatory fundraising fee. Please note: You must sell the entire case.
- There will be a Christmas Boutique cashier training will be on Wednesday, November 14 at 6:30. Please contact Kristina, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Carla, email@example.com, if you can attend this training or for more information.
- Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers!! Please see attachment to review the Angel Point opportunities. Angel points must be signed in on the blue forms which can be found in the office. Sign up genius will not be recognized as the points earned sheet. In order to keep accurate records we need volunteers to fill in the blue forms. At major functions, Angel Point blue sign-in sheets will be provided at every table/area for your convenience. Angel points need to be recorded within 30 days of the event. Thank you for all your help!
- KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS! Knights of Columbus are holding their annual poster contest! Please see attachment for details and rules. Posters are due to the school office by December 14th. You can win a $25 prize!
- Soft Pretzel Sale on Thursday (Nov. 29)! If you are interested in having your child purchase a soft pretzel at lunch, please send in $1. The proceeds will benefit the upcoming Seventh and Eighth grade field trip. Thank you!
- There will be an Advisory Board meeting on Wednesday, November 28. If you have any topic that you would like to discuss or share, please contact Mrs. Thomas or Kristina Grover so that we can share at our open meeting. Thank you.
- We have a generous donation of new boys and girls coats from the Knights of Columbus. The sizes vary from 4-10. If you are interested or know someone who is in need, please contact the office. Please respond we do not want to squander this generous donation.
- LAST BAKE SALE: The middle school will be hosting their last bake sale this Wednesday, November 28th during lunch until November 28th. This bake sale will directly benefit Heifer International (https://www.heifer.org), specifically Milk Money. We all know how important milk is to our diet, especially for children! This program provides milk for school-aged children in small villages in Tanzania who don’t have easy access to this dietary essential. $6 would provide milk for a child for a month and $72 would be enough for the whole year! We are hoping to reach a goal of $150 to help several of these students. If you would like to support this fundraiser, please send in money for your child to purchase a baked good or send in a donation with the heading “Milk Money”. Thank you!
- The middle school is selling sandwiches to raise money for their field trip to Philadelphia. If you would like to order any, please see attachment below.
- THERE WILL BE NO HOT DOGS ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 TH DUE TO A NOON DISMISSAL. PIZZA WILL BE AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH. NEXT HOT DOG DAY WILL BE TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4TH.
- We had a wonderful visit with the Middle States Accreditation Association Team. They were highly impressed with Sacred Heart School and shared many commendations. They also shared a few recommendations, which we are pleased to say we have already begun to initiate. A more detailed report will be shared when we receive the final written report is sent to us.
- Dates to remember:
- November 18th-20th – Forty Hours Devotions
- November 20th -26th – Thanksgiving Break
- November 27 – Noon Dismissal and Confirmation
- November 30 – Christmas Boutique Spaghetti Dinner/Presale Event
- December 3 – Lifetouch Picture Retakes
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.
Attachments available for 30 days until Thursday, December 20, 2018:
MIddle School Newsletter.pdf
Knights of Columbus Poster Contest.pdf
Angel Point Volunteer.pdf
6th Annual spaghetttidinner (3).pdf
Sandwich fundraiser order form.pdf