Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 11.28.18
November 28, 2018
- Advent begins Sunday, December 2.It is the time of expectation and preparation for the birth of our Lord and is the beginning of the liturgical year.It is a time for us to focus on Christ coming in birth, history, and again in glory.We also treasure the time that our Lord comes to us in the Holy Eucharist.The word Advent means ‘coming” in Latin. Let us use this time of Advent to prepare our hearts and remember the real meaning of Christmas.Our First Week of Advent let us pray:All-powerful God, increase our strength of will for doing good that Christ may find an eager welcome at his coming and call us to his side in the kingdom of heaven, where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit one God, forever and ever. Amen
- We have a generous donation of new boys and girls coats from the Knights of Columbus.The sizes vary from 4-10.If you are interested or know someone who is in need, please contact the office.Please respond we do not want to squander this generous donation.
- Calling all Sacred Heart Families!! Our 6th annual Christmas boutique is 2 days away and we are in need of volunteers. Volunteer sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
go/30e0f4baba72fa1ff2- shschristmas This is a great way to earn your Angel Point! AND it’s so much fun! Join us on Friday, November 30th for our an amazing Spaghetti dinner at our Friends and Family Presale night, along with Photos with Santa!
- Mrs. Claus Bistro will be open again for another delicious spaghetti dinner. Sign up here: https://www.
signupgenius.com/go/ 20f0a4eaead28a7fb6-christmas (see attachment)
- But Baby It’s Cold Outside!” Perfect time to get your “baking on!” Please, please bake some cookies for our Christmas Boutique cookie bar! We need your help. THANK YOU! Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
- ATTENTION CHRISTMAS BOUTIQUE CASHIERS!!! If you did not attend the training on November 14 please arrive 15 minutes before your shift so that we can review policies with you. Thank you!
- **Angel Points Opportunity** H.S.A. “Deck The Halls” Christmas Greens Sale: The HSA is looking for volunteers to help out with our stand at the Christmas Boutique where we will be selling fresh wreaths, poinsettias, and cemetery logs. Please see the Sign-Up Genius for additional information and available volunteer opportunities.https://www.
- Gertrude Hawk candy bar fundraiser has started. Orders that came in will be filled on Thursday, November 29th. Orders can be picked up during school days from 8:00 AM to 2:45 PM or sent home with your children. Remember you can get 50% credit put towards your mandatory fundraising fee. Please note: You must sell the entire case.
- KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS! Knights of Columbus are holding their annual poster contest! Please see attachment for details and rules. Posters are due to the school office by December 14th. You can win a $25 prize!
- Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers!! Please see attachment to review the Angel Point opportunities. Angel points must be signed in on the blue forms which can be found in the office. Sign up genius will not be recognized as the points earned sheet. In order to keep accurate records we need volunteers to fill in the blue forms. At major functions, Angel Point blue sign-in sheets will be provided at every table/area for your convenience. Angel points need to be recorded within 30 days of the event. Thank you for all your help!
- Soft Pretzel Sale on Thursday (Nov. 29)! If you are interested in having your child purchase a soft pretzel at lunch, please send in $1. The proceeds will benefit the upcoming Seventh and Eighth grade field trip. Thank you!
- The middle school is selling sandwiches to raise money for their field trip to Philadelphia. If you would like to order any, please see attachment below.
- Child Protection Catechesis Curriculum has been sent home today. Please review and return form by December 7th if you do not want your child to participate.
- Middle School Newsletter: Learn about all the exciting activities of middle school by checking out our monthly newsletter. See attachment.
- Dates to remember:
- November 30 – Christmas Boutique Spaghetti Dinner/Presale Event
- December 3 – Lifetouch Picture Retakes
- December 11 – Honor Roll Breakfast
- December 13 – Instrumental Band Concert @ 6:30 pm
- December 18 – SHS Christmas Program @ 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- December 25th to January 1st – School Closed
- December 26th – School Reopens
- We had a wonderful visit with the Middle States Accreditation Association Team. They were highly impressed with Sacred Heart School and shared many commendations. They also shared a few recommendations, which we are pleased to say we have already begun to initiate. A more detailed report will be shared when we receive the final written report is sent to us.
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.
- HSA Christmas Wreath Order Form
- Child Protection Catechesis
- Hot Dog & Pizza Order Form
- HSA Poinsettia & Wreath Sale
- Child Protection Catechesis
- December Calendar
- Christmas Boutique Spaghetti Dinner
- Sandwich Fundraiser Order Form
- Knights of Columbus Poster Contest
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, December 28, 2018:
HSA Poinsettia & Wreath Sale.pdf
Knights of Columbus Poster Contest.pdf
6th Annual spaghetttidinner (3).pdf