Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 11.7.18
November 7, 2018
- The month of November is dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory. Our Lord told St Gertrude the Great that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners as well:
“Eternal Father, I offer the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
- Dear Sacred Heart Parents: SAVE THE DATE: Enchanted Forest Book Fair.The Enchanted Book Fair will be open to SHS students and families during the school day on Friday, November 9th and to Sacred Heart Parishioners (before/after Mass) on Saturday evening/Sunday morning (November 10th & 11th). Not only does this event encourage reading among our youngsters, sales proceeds benefit our wonderful school! We need volunteers** to assist with setting-up/breaking down the fair and with those visiting the book fair. Please consider volunteering an hour or more of your time to help with this event. This is a great opportunity to earn Angel Points. Thank you for your continued support! Please click on link below volunteer for this fun event: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45aca62fa2fb6-hsa **Remember: this volunteer opportunity will be counted toward your Angel Points.** Can you also upload logo attachment on the Sacred Heart Face Book with the following verbiage? The Enchanted Book Fair will be open to the public on weekend of November 10th before and after Mass. Not only does this event encourage reading among our youngsters, sales proceeds benefit our wonderful school! We look forward to seeing you! Thank You very much!
- We will be hosting a Middle States Accreditation Team on November 6th-9th. They will be observing and meeting with faculty, staff, and students and looking at our Middle States Self-Study document. There will be a noon dismissal on November 9 for a faculty in-service. Extended care will be held until 3:00. Please see letter attached.
- There will be a Christmas Boutique cashier training will be on Wednesday, November 14 at 6:30. Please contact Kristina, email@example.com, or Carla, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can attend this training or for more information.
- There will be an Advisory Board meeting on Wednesday, November 28. If you have any topic that you would like to discuss or share, please contact Mrs. Thomas or Kristina Grover so that we can share at our open meeting. Thank you.
- Starting October 31, the middle school will be hosting a bake sale every Wednesday during lunch until November 28th. This bake sale will directly benefit Heifer International (https://www.heifer.org), specifically Milk Money. We all know how important milk is to our diet, especially for children! This program provides milk for school-aged children in small villages in Tanzania who don’t have easy access to this dietary essential. $6 would provide milk for a child for a month and $72 would be enough for the whole year! We are hoping to reach a goal of $150 to help several of these students. If you would like to support this fundraiser, please send in money for your child to purchase a baked good or send in a donation with the heading “Milk Money”. Thank you!
- The middle school is selling sandwiches to raise money for their field trip to Philadelphia. If you would like to order any, please see attachment below.
- Calling all Sacred Heart Families!! Our 6th annual Christmas boutique is one month away and we have many opportunities for you to work to earn Angel Points, bake cookies and join us for Spaghetti dinner at our Friends and Family Presale night, along with Photos with Santa! Volunteer here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4baba72fa1ff2-shschristmas Mrs. Claus Bistro will be open again for another delicious spaghetti dinner. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4eaead28a7fb6-christmas (see attachment)
Bake for our famous cookie bar: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4baba72fa1ff2-christmas
- A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the Haunted House, either through volunteering, donating items, or attending! The students had an AMAZING time and we were able to raise a significant amount to go towards our trip to Philadelphia! It is only through your support that this huge endeavor was possible.
- Mrs. Braun would like to thank everyone for their donations to the Love Our Troops Club. Thank you to all the children who came each week and to their parents for donating so generously to the care packages. Thank you for all of the items you sent in and for money for postage. Thank you especially to our club members: Aaron, Colin, Luna, Madison, and Anna in 3rd grade; Julian in 4th grade, Zachary, Mason and Maggie in 5th grade, Nicholas in 6th grade, and Vincent in 8th grade. Thank you to Mrs. Coulter, Mrs. Augello, Mrs. Santostefano, Mrs. Thomas, Mrs. Markovcy, and Mrs. McIntosh for your donations for postage. It is obvious that we really do love the troops here at SHS!
- Dates to remember:
- November 9 – Noon Dismissal and Book Fair November 21-26 – School closed Happy Thanksgiving
November 27 – Noon Dismissal – Confirmation
- Bethlehem Catholic High School will be celebrating Forty Hours on Tuesday, November 13 and Wednesday, November 14. This is a special time of honoring Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. All are welcome to spend time in personal prayer and Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament in the auditorium any time between 2:30pm and 7:00pm both days. Visitors may use the side entrance nearest the auditorium. All are welcome to join us for Benediction at 7:00pm both days.
- THERE WILL BE NO PIZZA ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH DUE TO A NOON DISMISSAL. ANY MONEY SENT IN FOR NOVEMBER 9th WILL BE CREDITED TO THE NEXT PIZZA DAY WHICH WILL BE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH.
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.
- Middle State Letter
- Christmas Boutique Spaghetti Dinner
- Sandwich Fundraiser Order Form
- Hot Dog Order Form
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, December 07, 2018:
Middle States Letter to Parents (3).pdf
Sandwich fundraiser order form.pdf
6th Annual spaghetttidinner (3).pdf
Pizza and Hot Dog Order Form.pdf