Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 12.12.18
December 12, 2018
- Advent begins Sunday, December 2.It is the time of expectation and preparation for the birth of our Lord and is the beginning of the liturgical year.It is a time for us to focus on Christ coming in birth, history, and again in glory.We also treasure the time that our Lord comes to us in the Holy Eucharist.The word Advent means ‘coming” in Latin. Let us use this time of Advent to prepare our hearts and remember the real meaning of Christmas.Our Third Week of Advent – Let us pray:Lord God, may we, your people, who look forward to the birthday of Christ experience the joy of salvation and celebrate that feast with love and thanksgiving. We ask this through Christ our Lord.Amen
- We are so blessed to have Father Butera as our spiritual guidance and leader.He is a true champion for Sacred Heart School. We would like to give him a Christmas gift.If you are able to send in a monetary donation, please place it in an envelope labeled, “Father Butera Gift”.Thank you
- **Note from the Principal** (see attachment)
- Authorization form for twitter and Instagram went home today in the PIE.
- **GIFT CARD ORDERS** The last date for gift card orders online will be December 14th.
- KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS! Knights of Columbus are holding their annual poster contest!Please see attachment for details and rules.Posters are due to the school office by December 14th.You can win a $25 prize!
- All of the Gertrude Hawk Candy bar cases have been distributed out to families. The money for the candy bars must be PAID IN FULL by JANUARY 7th. Watch the PIE for future Gertrude Hawk Candy fundraisers.
WE HAVE COATS TO GIVE! We have a generous donation of new boys and girls coats from the Knights of Columbus. The sizes vary from 4-10. If you are interested or know someone who is in need, please contact the office. Please respond we do not want to squander this generous donation.
- Pennsylvania Safe2Say Something Program – With the passing of Act 44 of 2018, the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General has established the “Safe2Say Something” school safety anonymous tip program. This program will be live across the state accepting tips and forwarding tips to the appropriate school entity beginning on January 14, 2019. There will be mandates for all schools in the state with Act 44. As a Nonpublic school we were required to register a team (consisting of Teachers, Father Butera and Mrs.Thomas) with the PA Attorney General’s Office Safe2Say Something program. The Safe2Say Something program will be implemented across the state on January 14, 2019. Our team will be the appointed local school team to serve as the administrative contacts for the Attorney General’s Office regarding threats to school safety at our school. We will be updating you on additional pertinent information as it becomes available.
- Holiday Hoops at Becahi: Thursday, December 27th from 9-10:30am, $20 Grades 3-8 All training geared to level of play. Skills Covered: ball handling, offensive skills, shooting technique, footwork and agility training
- Dates to remember:
- December 13 – Instrumental Band Concert @ 6:30 pm
- December 18 – SHS Christmas Program @ 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- December 25th to January 1st – School Closed
- December 26th – School Reopens
- Twitter and Instagram Authorization Form
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, January 11, 2019:
Note from the Principal.pdf
HSA Poinsettia & Wreath Sale.pdf
Knights of Columbus Poster Contest.pdf
clinic 2019 save the date.pdf