Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 12.19.19
December 19, 2018
- Advent begins Sunday, December 2. It is the time of expectation and preparation for the birth of our Lord and is the beginning of the liturgical year. It is a time for us to focus on Christ coming in birth, history, and again in glory. We also treasure the time that our Lord comes to us in the Holy Eucharist. The word Advent means ‘coming” in Latin. Let us use this time of Advent to prepare our hearts and remember the real meaning of Christmas. Our Fourth Week of Advent – Let us pray: Father, all-powerful God, your eternal Word took flesh on our earth when the Virgin Mary placed her life at the service of your plan. Lift our minds in watchful hope to hear the voice which announces his glory and open our minds to receive the Spirit who prepares us for his coming. We ask this through Christ our Lord.~AMEN.
- Did you know that Sacred Heart School has accounts with twitter, Instagram, and Facebook? Please check out the twitter account at Sacred Heart School, Bath, Pa. Our Instagram site is SHJBathPa, and our Facebook account is Sacred Heart School, Bath, Pa. Follow, like, and share our pages so that others and see the many things happening at our school. We want to draw others to our Sacred Heart family. We have much to be proud of!
- Students who sold at least five Lottery calendars will have a Sacred Heart Spiritwear dress down day on January 3.
- Christmas Boutique – We are so blessed with the many volunteers that prepared and participated in all the aspects of the Christmas Boutique! Sacred Heart has the best volunteers! I am proud to say that the profits made from the Christmas Boutique is $6,381.92! Thank you all for an amazing fundraising effort to support Sacred Heart School!
Authorization form for twitter and Instagram went home today in the PIE.
- All of the Gertrude Hawk Candy bar cases have been distributed out to families. The money for the candy bars must be PAID IN FULL by JANUARY 7th. Watch the PIE for future Gertrude Hawk Candy fundraisers.
- Pennsylvania Safe2Say Something Program – With the passing of Act 44 of 2018, the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General has established the “Safe2Say Something” school safety anonymous tip program. This program will be live across the state accepting tips and forwarding tips to the appropriate school entity beginning on January 14, 2019. There will be mandates for all schools in the state with Act 44. As a Nonpublic school we were required to register a team (consisting of Teachers, Father Butera and Mrs.Thomas) with the PA Attorney General’s Office Safe2Say Something program. The Safe2Say Something program will be implemented across the state on January 14, 2019. Our team will be the appointed local school team to serve as the administrative contacts for the Attorney General’s Office regarding threats to school safety at our school. We will be updating you on additional pertinent information as it becomes available.
- Holiday Hoops at Becahi: Thursday, December 27th from 9-10:30am, $20 Grades 3-8 All training geared to level of play. Skills Covered: ball handling, offensive skills, shooting technique, footwork and agility training
- Dates to remember:
- December 25th to January 1st – School Closed
- January 2nd – School Reopens
Attachments available for 30 days until Sunday, January 20, 2019: