Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 12.5.18
December 5, 2018
- Advent begins Sunday, December 2.It is the time of expectation and preparation for the birth of our Lord and is the beginning of the liturgical year.It is a time for us to focus on Christ coming in birth, history, and again in glory. We also treasure the time that our Lord comes to us in the Holy Eucharist.The word Advent means ‘coming” in Latin. Let us use this time of Advent to prepare our hearts and remember the real meaning of Christmas.Our First Week of Advent let us pray:All-powerful God, increase our strength of will for doinggood that Christ may find an eager welcome at his coming and call us to his side in the kingdom of heaven, where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit one God, forever and ever. Amen
- Welcome to our new Fourth Grade teacher, Mrs. Karina Davis. Mrs. Davis is certified in teaching K-5 and Special Education.She is settling in well with our wonderful 4thgraders.Mrs. Mayberry will assist with the transition and return as a substitute.Many thanks to Mrs. Mayberry as she has shown such dedication to our Sacred Heart Family. We appreciate all that she has done in teaching 4th grade these past few month!
- WE HAVE COATS TO GIVE!We have a generous donation of new boys and girls coats from the Knights of Columbus.The sizes vary from 4-10.If you are interested or know someone who is in need, please contact the office.Please respond we do not want to squander this generous donation.
- Soft Pretzel Sale on Thursday (Dec. 6th)! If you are interested in having your child purchase a soft pretzel at lunch, please send in $1.
- Child Protection Catechesis Curriculum has been sent home today. Please review and return form by December 7th if you do not want your child to participate.
- Middle School sandwich fundraiser will be delivered on December 12th.
- **GIFT CARD ORDERS** The last date for gift card orders online will be December 14th.
- KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS! Knights of Columbus are holding their annual poster contest! Please see attachment for details and rules. Posters are due to the school office by December 14th. You can win a $25 prize!
- Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers!! Please see attachment to review the Angel Point opportunities. Angel points must be signed in on the blue forms which can be found in the office. Sign up genius will not be recognized as the points earned sheet. In order to keep accurate records we need volunteers to fill in the blue forms. At major functions, Angel Point blue sign-in sheets will be provided at every table/area for your convenience. Angel points need to be recorded within 30 days of the event. Thank you for all your help!
- Middle School Newsletter: Learn about all the exciting activities of middle school by checking out our monthly newsletter. See attachment.
- Dates to remember:
- December 11 – Honor Roll Breakfast
- December 13 – Instrumental Band Concert @ 6:30 pm
- December 18 – SHS Christmas Program @ 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- December 25th to January 1st – School Closed
- December 26th – School Reopens
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, January 04, 2019:
Middle School Prop Club.pdf
MIddle School Newsletter.pdf
HSA Poinsettia & Wreath Sale.pdf
Knights of Columbus Poster Contest.pdf