Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 2.19.20
- February is the month dedicated to the Passion of Our Lord. Let us take time to meditate on the suffering of Our Lord, as this is truly a gift given to us. We can consider what our Lord endured for us and begin to plan our prayers, penance, and almsgiving that we will practice, as we draw nearer to the season of Lent. O my Jesus, I pray Thee make me always remember Thy Passion; and grant that I also, a miserable sinner, overcome the last by so many loving devices, may return to love Thee, and to show Thee, by my poor love some mark of gratitude for the excessive love which Thou, my God and my Savior, hast borne to me. Amen. – St. Alphonsus de Ligouri
- Spread the word– Any family that brings/registers a new student at Sacred Heart and stays for the school year will receive $100.00 their Mandatory Fundraising!
- *It’s that time of year again! ** We are gearing up for our Annual Tricky Tray for Sacred Heart School! This is our top fundraiser! Sacred Heart is having our 2020 Tricky Tray event the weekend of March 21st and 22nd. We are looking for donations to be added to our prizes. A few of the amazing donations that we have already received are a Vera Bradly backpack, gift card donations, a Calvin Cline purse, basket donated by Fabey Dental, and a beautiful wreath. Please consider donating to this very important cause. If you are not very crafty, we have special “Basketeers” that will take your donated items and pretty them up in a basket. Simply drop off your items at the school office and we’ll take care of the rest. We thank you for all your help in making this our best Tricky Tray event yet!
- Tricky Tray Food Donation Sign Up – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DA5AD28A3F94-tricky6 Tricky Tray Volunteer SignUp – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DA5AD28A3F94-tricky7
- PREORDER YOU TRICKY TRAY TICKETS! Tricky Tray Preorder of Blue tickets were sent home. If you are buying for multiple children in your family, please list names and how tickets each child will receive. The last day for preorder will be Tuesday, March 17th.
- As we prepare for Tricky Tray, we are looking for coffee cans and lids to replace old ones. Also, we are accepting donations of cellophane, baskets, and filler paper when we need to create baskets. Thank you!
- Middle School Musical – Information is Coming Soon!!
- BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH! We will be serving waffles and sausages on February 24th for lunch. Forms/money is due to the office by February 21st. Form attached below.
- This year at Sacred Heart our PE teacher, Jessica Blasi will be starting a cup-stacking club after school on Tuesdays. We will be meeting the following dates from 3-4 PM: February 25th, March 3rd, 10th, and 17th. Forms were sent home with your child.
- ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Activity, Club, and Sports YEARBOOK PHOTOS will be taken on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27. Please bring any uniforms that you would like to wear for the pictures.
- Mrs. Mazzella, our art teacher, is asking for junk. Yes, you heard right! Please send in your broken toys, old blocks, broken matchbox cars, etc.. Thank you!
- The Home and School Association will be selling pizza coupons for My Place Restaurant. Proceeds benefit HSA special events and money toward a Specials teacher. Lent is coming up and these coupons are perfect for our Lenten Fridays! Forms will be sent home today with your student.
- Send your student a message in the YEARBOOK! How exciting would it be for your child to see a message from their family and friends in this year’s yearbook? You can make that happen! Please see the attached document and form sent home and share it with your family and friends.
- Order your YEARBOOK today! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a copy of this year’s fabulous yearbook filled with amazing memories! Go to: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob Use the Sacred Heart School Code: 9523120
- Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy order forms were sent home. Please see attachment below with information on order dates and delivery.
- Pretzel Thursdays – We need 2 more helpers for February. There is the link for February. If you are able to pick up pretzels and deliver to school, please sign up on the link below. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel1
- Please send in your REGISTRATION PACKET for 2020-2021!
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Tricky Tray – Check on Sign Up Genius
- Pretzel Pick-Up/Delivery for February
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
February 24th and March 4th – Baking/Cookie Club
February 26th – Ash Wednesday – Mass at 8:30 am
March – 10-12 COGAT Testing for Grades 3-5-7
March 20th -22nd – TRICKY TRAY
March 23-27 – IOWA Testing
- HSA is selling Wawa Shortie Hoagie cards for $4.50 each. Remember there is no expiration date.
- “Oh the weather outside is frightful,”… but your ears will be warm in our new Sacred Heart ear bands. The ear bands are $10 each. Send in your order today!
- NOW**Sacred Heart School will continue to notify the school through One Call and updates on the WFMZ. You can also sign up for their instant texter. Once information is uploaded to the Stormcenter, you will receive a text. This is how to sign up: Go to stormcenter update on WFMZ Website then scroll down and click Stormcenter Update Text Alerts and follow directions to receive direct text alerts as they are uploaded.
- Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy Information
- Letter From The Principal
- Matties Strudel Order Form
- Breakfast for Lunch Order Form
- SHS Yearbook Text Message Form
- My Place Pizza Order Form
- Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy Information
- Tricky Tray Flyer
- Pre-Order Tricky Tray Form
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, March 20, 2020:
Letter from Principal 2.19.20-2.pdf
Sacred Heart Easter Strudel Sale.pdf
Breakfast for Lunch.pdf
Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy.pdf
SHS Yeabook Text Message.pdf