Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 2.26.20
February 26, 2020
- During Lent, we are asked to devote ourselves to seeking the Lord in prayer and reading Scripture, to service by giving alms, and to practice self-control through fasting. Many know of the tradition of abstaining from meat on Fridays during Lent, but we are also called to practice self-discipline and fast in other ways throughout the season. – USCCB
- Loving God, During the sacred season of Lent, bring me closer to you. Prepare a place in my heart for silence and solitude, so that I may re-discover the grace of a prayer-full life.Help me to fast from those things that threaten the well-being of body and soul and remind me of the grace of simplicity. May this season be a grace-filled time to rekindle my love for and faith in you. Amen.Be a Beacon! During Lent we will be focusing showing Christ’s light to others through being a Blessing, Encouraging each other, doing Admirable works, being Caring, Obedient, and Noble. When a teacher sees a student exhibit one of the traits of being a Beacon, they will receive a Beacon note sent home to share. They also add their name to our “Be a Beacon” lighthouse, displayed in the auditorium.
- Please send in your REGISTRATION PACKET for 2020-2021!
- Please join us in prayer at Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm in the Church. A Special Living Stations will be held on March 21st at 1:00 pm.
- Mrs. Beth Beers came in to meet with middle school to share the great news of our spring musical, “Beauty and the Grease”. We will be having a theater meeting Monday, March 2nd until 4 pm in the auditorium. We have a lot of students that signed up for stage crew, but we have many open roles. Students are encouraged to sign up for parts. We need to fill many roles that do not require audition, so please consider a role with less dialogue! Every part is important and we need you! We will also read through scenes for tryouts on Monday. And as they say, “Break a leg!”
- **Mandatory Fundraising Opportunity! We are excited to announce today that we will be having another Mattie’s Strudel fundraiser. These strudels are homemade authentic Hungarian strudel. They will be sold in 16” long frozen for freshness. Our sale begins today and ends on March 2. All orders are due on March 23rd. The pickup date will be April 7th in the auditorium from 3-5pm. These are a great treat for all your Easter/Spring celebrations! There are over six choices for both meals and desserts. Information was sent home today with you child and can be found in the attachments. Happy Strudel Sale!
- Pretzel Thursdays – Here is the link for March Pretzel Days. If you are able to pick up/deliver to school, please sign up on the link below. Thank You! March Pretzel link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel1
- Our Grandparent Bingo was a wonderful time to come together with family for an important cause, the Lymphoma/Leukemia Society for Pediatric Cancer. Through your generous donations, we were able to give $531.49! Thank you for this beautiful gift for children with cancer.
- Spread the word– Any family that brings/registers a new student at Sacred Heart and stays for the school year will receive $100.00 their Mandatory Fundraising!
- REMINDER: GERTRUDE HAWK EASTER CANDY ORDERS. ONLINE ORDERS MUST BE SENT TO GERTRUDE HAWK BY MARCH 5TH. OFF LINE ORDERS MUST BE SENT TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE BY MARCH 2ND. REMEMBER 50% OF YOUR TOTAL SALES WILL GO TOWARDS YOUR MANDATORY FUNDRAISING FEE. Please see attachment below.
- *It’s that time of year again! ** We are gearing up for our Annual Tricky Tray for Sacred Heart School! This is our top fundraiser! Sacred Heart is having our 2020 Tricky Tray event the weekend of March 21st and 22nd. We are looking for donations to be added to our prizes. A few of the amazing donations that we have already received are a Vera Bradly backpack, gift card donations, a Calvin Cline purse, basket donated by Fabey Dental, and a beautiful wreath. Please consider donating to this very important cause. If you are not very crafty, we have special “Basketeers” that will take your donated items and pretty them up in a basket. Simply drop off your items at the school office and we’ll take care of the rest. We thank you for all your help in making this our best Tricky Tray event yet!
- Tricky Tray Food Donation Sign Up – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DA5AD28A3F94-tricky6 Tricky Tray Volunteer SignUp – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DA5AD28A3F94-tricky7
- PREORDER YOU TRICKY TRAY TICKETS! Tricky Tray Preorder of Blue tickets were sent home. If you are buying for multiple children in your family, please list names and how tickets each child will receive. The last day for preorder will be Tuesday, March 17th.
- As we prepare for Tricky Tray, we are looking for coffee cans and lids to replace old ones. Also, we are accepting donations of cellophane, baskets, and filler paper when we need to create baskets. Thank you!
- ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Activity, Club, and Sports YEARBOOK PHOTOS will be taken on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27. Please bring any uniforms that you would like to wear for the pictures.
- REMINDER: Mrs. Mazzella, our art teacher, is asking for junk. Yes, you heard right! Please send in your broken toys, old blocks, broken matchbox cars, etc.. Thank you!
- The Home and School Association will be selling pizza coupons for My Place Restaurant. Proceeds benefit HSA special events and money toward a Specials teacher. Lent is coming up and these coupons are perfect for our Lenten Fridays! Forms will be sent home today with your student.
- Send your student a message in the YEARBOOK! How exciting would it be for your child to see a message from their family and friends in this year’s yearbook? You can make that happen! Please see the attached document and form sent home and share it with your family and friends.
- Order your YEARBOOK today! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a copy of this year’s fabulous yearbook filled with amazing memories! Go to: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob Use the Sacred Heart School Code: 9523120
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Tricky Tray – Check on Sign Up Genius
- Pretzel Pick-Up/Delivery for March
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
- Important Dates:
February 24th and March 4th – Baking/Cookie Club
March 3, 10 and 17 –Cup Stacking Club from 3:00 – 4:00 pm
March – 10-12 COGAT Testing for Grades 3-5-7
March 20th -22nd – TRICKY TRAY
March 23-27 – IOWA Testing
- HSA is selling Wawa Shortie Hoagie cards for $4.50 each. Remember there is no expiration date.
- “NOW**Sacred Heart School will continue to notify the school through One Call and updates on the WFMZ. You can also sign up for their instant texter. Once information is uploaded to the Stormcenter, you will receive a text. This is how to sign up: Go to stormcenter update on WFMZ Website then scroll down and click Stormcenter Update Text Alerts and follow directions to receive direct text alerts as they are uploaded.
- Lifetouch Spring Picture Order Form
- Matties Strudel Order Form
- March Calendar
- Letter From The Principal
- Spring Cleaning Flyer
- Matties Strudel Order Form
- SHS Yearbook Text Message Form
- My Place Pizza Order Form
- Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy Information
- Pre-Order Tricky Tray Form
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, March 27, 2020:
Sacred Heart Easter Strudel Sale.pdf
Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy.pdf
Letter from Principal 2.19.20-2.pdf
pre-order tickets 19.20.pdf