Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 2.28.18
February 28, 2018
During the sacred season of Lent, bring me closer to you. Prepare a place in my heart for silence
and solitude, so that I may re-discover the grace of a prayer-full life. Help me to fast from those
things that threaten the well-being of body and soul and remind me of the grace of simplicity. May
this season be a grace-filled time to rekindle my love for and faith in you. Amen.
- TRICKY TRAY NEEDS YOUR HELP. Have you sent in your Tricky Tray basket? We are looking for donations to be added to our prizes for our Tricky Tray event. A few of the amazing donations that we have already received are gift card donations, Philadelphia Eagles basket, and a garden basket. Please consider sending in items toward a basket. If you are not very crafty, we have special basketeers that will take your donated items and pretty them up in a basket. We thank you for all your help in making this our best Tricky Tray yet.
- Tricky Tray Preorder of Blue tickets were sent home. If you are buying for multiple children in your family, please list names, and how many tickets each child will receive. The last day for preorder will be March 6th. If you need an order form please see attachment below.
- It’s that time of year again! We are gearing up for the annual Tricky Tray for Sacred Heart. Please mark your calendars for March 10th & 11th, 2018. We are in need of volunteers, prize donations and food and beverage donations. Here are the sign-ups for volunteers and food / beverage donation requests.
Tricky Tray Volunteers
Tricky Tray Food and Beverage Donation Request
- There will be NO PIZZA on March 2nd due to a Noon Dismissal. Extended care will be held until 3:00 pm in the school building.
- Cops ‘N’ Kids book drive will run from March 5th thru March 16th. Bring in new or gently used books for donation.
- If you signed up for Mad Science the program dates are March 5th, March 19th and April 9th. Students will be walked out to the parking lot at 4:00 PM.
- Please join us in prayer at Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm in the Church. A Special Living Stations will be held on March 21st at 1:00 pm.
- CYO Track & Field signups are underway. All children of Sacred Heart Parish are welcome to participate. Deadline for Registration is March 1st. For more information or any questions please contact Frank Hesch at email@example.com” Please see attachment below.
- Mark your calendars! Sacred Heart will be hosting a restaurant night at Buffalo Wild Wings on Monday, March 19th. Dine anytime on that day and 10% of your bill will be donated back to our school to support our 4th and 5th grade field trip to Philadelphia. Look for a flyer in the coming weeks.
- HSA is having their annual Lenten Pizza and Hoagie sale. Simply send in form and money to school in an envelope marked Pizza/Hoagies sale. The classroom with the largest # of coupons will receive a Pizza Party at lunch.
- During this school year, Sacred Heart School is in the process of self-study for accreditation. Below is a link for you to participate in to share your input and highlight on amazing things about Sacred Heart School. Thank you for taking the time to participate!
Parent Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZTKCZLS
Student Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZWNDCTH
- There are a few more boxes of Gertrude Hawk Candy Bar left. If you would like a box please call the school office. Remember 50% of the sale goes towards Mandatory Fundraising Fee. Money for Gertrude Hawk will be due at the end of March.
- Extended care fees will be $6.00 per hour beginning February 1.
- Important Dates coming up: Due to several snow days, we WILL have school on. There is a Noon Dismissal on Friday, March 2nd. COGAT Testing for grades 3, 5,7 are week of March 5th. IOWA testing for grades 2-7 are the week of March 19th.
- Please send into the school office your baby bottles for the Mary Shelter. Also send in any empty bottles.
- Pizza Order Forms
- Cops ‘N’ Kids Book Drive Flyer
- De Sales University Tea Party Flyer
- Track & Field Cover Letter
- Track & Field Registration Form
- CYO Medical Release & Liability Form
- CYO Parent Pledge
- HSA Pizza and Hoagie Sale
- Tricky Tray Pre-Order Ticket Form
- March Calendar
- Pizza Order Form
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, March 30, 2018:
Track & Field cover letter.pdf
Track & Field Registration.pdf
CYO Medical Release and Liability Form.pdf
CYO Player Parent Pledge.pdf
De Sales University Tea Flyer.pdf
pizza order form.pdf
HSA Pizza & Hoagie Order Forms.pdf