Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 3.13.19
March 13, 2019
- During this season of Lent, let us spiritually prepare for the Easter season, through prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. This is a time to deepen our spiritual life through the means of sanctification. We can do this by spending more time with Jesus especially in the Blessed Sacrament, going to confession more often, and offering up our time and treasures for the love of Christ’s sacrifice.
Dear Lord, I know You receive what is in my heart. Let me be inspired by Your words and by the
actions of Your son, Jesus. Guide me to make sacrifices this Lent in the spirit of self-denial and with
greater attention to You and to those around me. Help me to believe that You will grant me this
because of the sacrifice You made for me.
- We are currently in search of an Art teacher. This is a part-time position and is usually taught on Thursdays. If you know someone that would be interest, please call the office. Thank you!
- PLEASE HELP **SACRED HEART HAS THE BEST VOLUNTEERS!**Tricky Tray is tjis weekend and we need so much help with setting up, working the weekend, and breaking down. If you are able to volunteer doing any of these tasks, please click on the link for Tricky Tray Volunteers. Volunteer Link Kitchen Donation Link
We are also in need of baskets! If you are able to donate a basket we really appreciate your generosity. If you know a business that might be interested in donating, we also have a donation letter that you can find in the attachments below. I will pick up any gift cards or baskets needed, just let the office know.
Participating in Tricky Tray is a great opportunity for our community to come together for this most needed fundraiser. All hours will go toward Angel Points, and you can even donate up to $100 in baskets for 10 points toward your Angel Points.
Tricky Tray Volunteers: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da5ad28a3f94-tricky4
Tricky Tray Kitchen Food and Beverage Donations:
- Here are the snow days that we have accumulated so far: November 16; January 29, 30,31; February 12, 13, 20; March 4. Our calendar allowed for five days built in. We will need to add 3 days to the end of the year. I will send out information on date changes for graduations and the last week of school. Hopefully, the snow from now on will give us just delays
- Please join us for Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 1:00 in the Church. Special Living Stations will be held on April 10th at 1:00 for the school.
- This Thursday, March 14 is a dress down day for $1.00 – Wear Your Green Day for St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- There are two very important and informative attachments below regarding keeping our kids safe online.
- HSA is kicking off their Lenten Pizza/Hoagie sale. Papers went home today in the pie and there is an attachment below.
- Hello, HSA Members, The HSA will be hosting the Honor Roll Breakfast on Thursday, March 21st to celebrate those students who achieved honor role for the 2nd trimester. We could use some assistance in prepping and serving food to the students. We will be there as early as 6:00am to get things started, but would appreciate any time you could arrive to help us– the students arrive at 7:30am and wrap-up by first bell at 8:15am. Please let me know if you can join us by responding to this email or calling/texting me at 484-330-1375. Thank you, Mrs. Hamadyk.
- Important Dates:
March 15th – * Students Tricky Tray Day for Blue ticket items.*
March 16th and 17th – Tricky Tray Weekend Fundraiser
March 20-22 – COGAT Testing
April 1-5 – IOWA Testing
- Soft Pretzels are back! This month, every Thursday, we will have soft pretzels for sale.
If you are interested in having your child purchase a soft pretzel at lunch, please send in $1. The proceeds will benefit the Eighth grade class trip. Thank you!
- Wednesday, March 6th was the last day for Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy orders to be sent to the school office. However, you may still place an order on-line by March 14. See attachment below.
- Please read the attached Community Awareness Bulletin sent to us from the Pennsylvania State Police about keeping children safety online.
- Honor Roll Breakfast Invitation
- HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale
- Allentown and Bethlehem Summer Reading Flyer
- On-line Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy
- PA State Police Community Awareness Bulletin
- HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale
- 2019 March Online-News
Attachments available for 30 days until Saturday, April 13, 2019:
2019 March Online Predators (003).pdf
HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale.pdf
Gertrude Hawk Easter Candy.pdf
PA State Police Community Awareness Bulletin.pdf