Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 3.27.19
March 27, 2019
- During this season of Lent, let us spiritually prepare for the Easter season, through prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. This is a time to deepen our spiritual life through the means of sanctification. We can do this by spending more time with Jesus especially in the Blessed Sacrament, going to confession more often, and offering up our time and treasures for the love of Christ’s sacrifice.
Dear Lord, I know You receive what is in my heart. Let me be inspired by Your words and by the
actions of Your son, Jesus. Guide me to make sacrifices this Lent in the spirit of self-denial and with
greater attention to You and to those around me. Help me to believe that You will grant me this
because of the sacrifice You made for me.
- We are currently in search of an Art teacher. This is a part-time position and is usually taught on Thursdays. If you know someone that would be interest, please call the office. Thank you!
- Gertrude Hawk Easter candy will be delivered to the school on Wednesday, April 3rd. Orders can be picked up during school hours 8:30 am to 2:30 pm or sent home with students.
- Sacred Heart is so thankful for our family and friends, the tremendous support from our parish and our community that gave so much to support our school for our Tricky Tray fundraiser. We are so very grateful for your generosity! God bless you!
- Soft Pretzels are back! This month, every Thursday, we will have soft pretzels for sale.
If you are interested in having your child purchase a soft pretzel at lunch, please send in $1. The proceeds will benefit the Eighth grade class trip. Thank you!
- Yearbook orders are due next Friday, April 5th! Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com , enter the ID code 9523119 and place your order! Yearbooks are ex excellent way for students to collect memories of their years at school. Please contact Miss Knight at email@example.com with questions.
- REMINDER: SEASONAL UNIFORM POLICY: Beginning April 1st all girls must wear the uniform jumper or skort and blouse. All girls in grades 6, 7 and 8 must wear the uniform skirt and polo shirt with SHS logo or blouse. Boys may wear polo shirts with SHS logo and Flynn & O’Hara dress shorts. Children may wear their gym shorts on gym days in lieu of sweat pants. However, please send your child with sweatpants and a sweatshirt on cooler days. Make sure their name or initials are in their gym clothing.
- Advisory Board meeting will be held on April 25th.
- Calendar Updates Please make note of the following calendar updates.
- Friday, April 12 – Full day for Elementary K-5
- APRIL 1 – 5 (IOWA TESTING) Please have students get a good night sleep, eat a good breakfast, and bring several #2 pencils.
- Middle School students attend field trip to St. Clare.
- Middle School will return by 4:30 to go home eat and return to present Living Stations
- Friday, May 24th School Closed – Father Butera Gift -DAY
- Thursday, June 6th – Now Full Day
- Friday, June 7th – Now Full Day
- Monday, June 10th – Now Full Day for school
- Monday, June 10th – Last Mass for whole school
- Monday, June 10th – Half Day for 8th Grade
- Monday, June 10th – 8th Grade Graduation
- Tuesday, June 11th – Noon Dismissal
- Tuesday, June 11th – Kindergarten Graduation
- Wednesday, June 12th – 10:00 AM Dismissal -Last day of school.
- There are two very important and informative attachments below regarding keeping our kids safe online.
- Please join us for Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 1:00 in the Church. Special Living Stations will be held on April 10th at 1:00 for the school.
- HSA is kicking off their Lenten Pizza/Hoagie sale. Please see attachment below.
- Please read the attached Community Awareness Bulletin sent to us from the Pennsylvania State Police about keeping children safety online.
- Revised School Calendar
- March Calendar
- SHS Hershey Park Ticket Sale Fundraiser
- HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale
- 2019 March Online-News
- PA State Police Community Awareness Bulletin
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, April 26, 2019:
Revised 2018-19 School Calendar.pdf
April Calendar 2018-19.pdf
HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale.pdf
2019 March Online Predators (003).pdf