Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 4.10.19
April 10, 2019
- As we approach Holy Week, let us point our hearts and minds on the week “set apart”. Let us take time for spiritual renewal through the suffering, death, and Resurrection of our Lord. This week has many opportunities for us to declutter our minds and unload our burdens. What a wonderful time to spend with our families at the altar of our faith. All-powerful, Eternal God, You have chosen to give mankind a model of humility; our Savior took on our flesh, and subjected Himself to the Cross. Grant us the grace to preserve faithfully the lessons He has given us in his Passion and to have a share in His resurrection. This we ask of You through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son. Amen ~ catholiconline.org
- “AND THEY’RE OFF!” We need horses for our Night of the Races! Please consider sponsoring a horse for $10. Don’t forget to give it a special name! Winning horses will return $50. So send in your horses today! Thank you for supporting our HSA! Forms are in the attachment of the PIE.
- GIDDY UP! Sacred Heart School’s HSA will be hosting our annual Night at The Races in April 27th. This is the HSA’s biggest fundraiser of the year, allowing us to give back to the school by funding the salary of a specials teacher. Horses will be available for purchase in the coming weeks and betting windows will be open during the event. Night at The Races has become a highly anticipated event in the school year and is always a GREAT time. So… save the date and watch the bulletin for more details on this exciting event to support our wonderful school. We look forward to seeing you there!
- SPECIAL FIELD TRIP FOR GRADES 5-8. We have confirmed a bus through J &J Travel for a special field trip to attend Mass at St. Clare of Assisi to visit the Relic of the Heart of St. John Vianney next Friday, April 12. Because Sacred Heart Parish will be assisting with subsidizing this cost of the bus, students/chaparones will only need to pay $5.00. Permission slips went home today with your children. Please send in forms and money as soon as possible. Student may bring devotional items such as rosaries, medals, missal, etc. to touch the relic of St. John Vianney’s heart; it will become a 3rd class relic. Thank you.
- Sacred Heart Holy Week Schedule
Monday Night – Penance 6:30-7:30 pm
Holy Thursday – Mass of the Lord’s Supper 7:00 pm
Good Friday – Solemn Good Friday Liturgy 3:00 pm
Holy Saturday – Blessing of the Easter Baskets 12:00 pm
Easter Vigil/ Mass 8:00 pm
- Play BALL! Join us on Friday, May 10th for the Catholic School Night at Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs! Please place you orders by April 30th in order to sit with Sacred Heart School Community. Forms were sent home today with your children. Additional forms can be found in the attachment of the PIE.
- Gift cards are available in the school office. We have a variety of supermarket cards and others such as Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, DD, Sheetz, Wawa, Subway, and Bath/Body.
- Gift Cards Program: April 16th is the cut off day for credit for the 2017-18 mandatory fundraising fee for website orders of physical cards.
- Gift Cards Program: April 30th is the cut off day for credit for the 2017-18 mandatory fundraising fee for cards purchased in the office or orders for electronic gift certificates (ScripNow).
- Gift Cards Program: May 1st is the startup date for credit towards 2018-19 mandatory fundraising fee.
- Pretzel Thursdays – Enjoy a pretzel for a $1.00.
- Advisory Board meeting will be held on April 25th.
- Sacred Heart School is working with Mayor Mirabito and Borough of Bath for Spring Sock Collection. Please donate Men’s White and Heavy and Women & Children’s ( all types). Thank you!
- Calendar Updates Please make note of the following calendar updates.
- Friday, April 12 – Full day
- Friday, May 24th School Closed – Father Butera Gift -DAY
- Thursday, June 6th – Now Full Day
- Friday, June 7th – Now Full Day
- Monday, June 10th – Now Full Day for school
- Monday, June 10th – Last Mass for whole school
- Monday, June 10th – Half Day for 8th Grade
- Monday, June 10th – 8th Grade Graduation
- Tuesday, June 11th – Noon Dismissal
- Tuesday, June 11th – Kindergarten Graduation
- Wednesday, June 12th – 10:00 AM Dismissal -Last day of school.
- Please check your FACTS account for your updated Mandatory Fundraising . Angel points will be updated after the Easter break.
- We are currently in search of an Art teacher. This is a part-time position and is usually taught on Thursdays. If you know someone that would be interest, please call the office. Thank you!
- SHS Hershey Park Ticket Sale Fundraiser
- Night At The Races Flyer
- Spring Sock Collection
- HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale