Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 4.3.19
April 3, 2019
- During this season of Lent, let us spiritually prepare for the Easter season, through prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. This is a time to deepen our spiritual life through the means of sanctification. We can do this by spending more time with Jesus especially in the Blessed Sacrament, going to confession more often, and offering up our time and treasures for the love of Christ’s sacrifice.
Dear Lord, I know You receive what is in my heart. Let me be inspired by Your words and by the
actions of Your son, Jesus. Guide me to make sacrifices this Lent in the spirit of self-denial and
with greater attention to You and to those around me. Help me to believe that You will grant me this
because of the sacrifice You made for me.
- We are currently in search of an Art teacher. This is a part-time position and is usually taught on Thursdays. If you know someone that would be interest, please call the office. Thank you!
- Yearbook orders are due next Friday, April 5th! Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com , enter the ID code 9523119 and place your order! Yearbooks are ex excellent way for students to collect memories of their years at school. Please contact Miss Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- SPECIAL FIELD TRIP FOR GRADES 5-8. We have confirmed a bus through J &J Travel for a special field trip to attend Mass at St. Clare of Assisi to visit the Relic of the Heart of St. John Vianney next Friday, April 12. Because Sacred Heart Parish will be assisting with subsidizing this cost of the bus, students/chaparones will only need to pay $5.00. Permission slips went home today with your children. Please send in forms and money as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Gift cards are available in the school office. We have a variety of supermarket cards and others such as Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, DD, Sheetz, Wawa, Subway, and Bath/Body.
- Gift Cards Program: April 16th is the cut off day for credit for the 2017-18 mandatory fundraising fee for website orders of physical cards.
- Gift Cards Program: April 30th is the cut off day for credit for the 2017-18 mandatory fundraising fee for cards purchased in the office or orders for electronic gift certificates (ScripNow).
- Gift Cards Program: May 1st is the startup date for credit towards 2018-19 mandatory fundraising fee.
- GIDDY UP! Sacred Heart School’s HSA will be hosting our annual Night at The Races in April 27th. This is the HSA’s biggest fundraiser of the year, allowing us to give back to the school by funding the salary of a specials teacher. Horses will be available for purchase in the coming weeks and betting windows will be open during the event. Night at The Races has become a highly anticipated event in the school year and is always a GREAT time. So… save the date and watch the bulletin for more details on this exciting event to support our wonderful school. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Pretzel Thursdays – Enjoy a pretzel for a $1.00.
- Gertrude Hawk Easter candy has been delivered to the school. Orders can be picked up during school hours 8:30 am to 2:30 pm or sent home with students.
- Revised Calendar- See below that April 26 is the date for the third grade Harriet Tubman Museum. April 28 is the Practice for First Holy Communion. See calendar attached below.
- Advisory Board meeting will be held on April 25th.
- Sacred Heart School is working with Mayor Mirabito and Borough of Bath for Spring Sock Collection. Please donate Men’s White and Heavy and Women & Children’s ( all types). Thank you!
- Calendar Updates Please make note of the following calendar updates.
- Friday, April 12 – Full day
- Friday, May 24th School Closed – Father Butera Gift -DAY
- Thursday, June 6th – Now Full Day
- Friday, June 7th – Now Full Day
- Monday, June 10th – Now Full Day for school
- Monday, June 10th – Last Mass for whole school
- Monday, June 10th – Half Day for 8th Grade
- Monday, June 10th – 8th Grade Graduation
- Tuesday, June 11th – Noon Dismissal
- Tuesday, June 11th – Kindergarten Graduation
- Wednesday, June 12th – 10:00 AM Dismissal -Last day of school.
- There are two very important and informative attachments below regarding keeping our kids safe online.
- REMINDER: SEASONAL UNIFORM POLICY: Beginning April 1st. Please refer to the SHS handbook for uniform policy for spring/summer.
- Night of the Races Flyer
- Hershey Park Order Form
- HSA Hoagie/Pizza Order Form
- Revised April and School Calendar
- SHS Hershey Park Ticket Sale Fundraiser
- Spring Sock Collection
- HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, May 03, 2019:
Night At The Races flyer.pdf
Spring Sock Collection Flyer.pdf
Revised April Calendar.pdf
HSA Lenten Pizza & Hoagie Sale.pdf