Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 7.17.19
July 17, 2019
- The month of July is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The feast of the Precious Blood of our Lord was instituted in 1849 by Pius IX, but the devotion is as old as Christianity. The early Fathers say that the Church was born from the pierced side of Christ, and that the sacraments were brought forth through His Blood. – Catholic Culture
Precious Blood, Ocean of Divine Mercy: flow upon us. Precious Blood, Most pure Offering:
Procure us every Grace! Precious Blood, Hope of Refuge of sinners: Atone for us!
Precious Blood, Delight of holy souls: Draw us! Amen. ~ St. Catherine of Siena
- Sacred Heart has the best parent/family volunteers! I just want to say a special thank you to all the parents/family volunteers that participated in the Sacred Heart Picnic! Proceeds from the picnic directly support the school. So many came and helped and that is a beautiful testament to our dedication to our community and our school. Sacred Heart School is so blessed!
- Students in the middle school grades have received their information to Math Summer work on Khan Academy and Reading work. Please log on to make sure your username and password are working. If you have any questions or issues, please email the office and we will assist you.
- **COOKIES AND CONVERSATION** Please come join us for a treat and time to chat and play at the Sacred Heart playground on Tuesday, July 23rd from 10 am-11 am. This is a great opportunity to catch up with your friends from school and chat with other parents and some of our teachers. You can donate or look for gently uniforms following this event in the auditorium from 11-12.
- The annual Sacred Heart School Cougar Classic Golf Tournament returns on Sunday, September 22 at 1:00 pm at Southmoore Golf Course. This event is a few months away, but we need sponsors. Please share this information with everyone you know. If you do not play golf, maybe your company or someone you know would like to play and/or sponsor. If you can support this event, please contact Jeana Santostefano at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone # 90-294-4460. Every little bit helps move us closer to our goals, and we look forward to seeing many of you there. All monetary donations can be sent to the school address c/o Jeana Santostefano RE: Cougar Classic. Thank you!
- If you have not paid your 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment below. All school supply lists are attached below. Please make check out to Sacred Heart School or stop by the school office during office hours. Payment for the 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply fees are due before August 26th.
- This week we have started to allocate the tuition grant and aid for the 2019-20 school year. We will be posting the amount in FACTS in the next week. If you have applied for aid please make sure your information is completed. All documents must be COMPLETED in the FACTS system to be awarded aid. Please see attached the instructions to apply.
- Important Dates:
- 7/23 Cookies and Conversation
- TBA – Sacred Heart Movie Night at Becky’s Drive-in
- 8/23 – Kindergarten Orientation and New Student Orientation
- 8/26 – First Day of School
- 9/22 – Cougar Classic Golf Tournament
- We need to fill up the walls with post cards. Please send in your vacation post cards to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington Street, Bath, PA 18014.
- **ANGEL POINT ADJUSTMENT.UPDATE FOR THE 2019-2020 ** The new required hours for Angel Points will be 25 hours with $50 (5 points) allowable donation to a major fundraiser (Christmas Boutique or Tricky Trays). See explanation in attachment below.
- School Office summer hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 to 1:00 pm starting on June 17th.
- Gift cards can be picked up on July 18th and August 15th.
- Are you LOOKING TO HELP WITH CLASS TRIPS OR CLASSROOM FUN? Great! We are so thankful that parents and grandparents want to help on field trips and during school functions, but in order to participate in these activities, volunteers need to complete clearances. Why not get a head start on it now for next year? Most of the items can be done online, with the exception of Protecting God’s Children and the fingerprinting. The list of items needed for clearances are necessary in order to participate at school functions with the students. Protecting God’s Children workshop is offered twice in July and twice in August. Dates and times can be found on the Allentown Diocesan website under calendar. Simply click on the date you can attend and it will take you to registration. Fingerprinting, Criminal Background, and Child Abuse background are free for volunteers. Simply stop in at the Parish Office and Denise Robinson can give the codes for your convenience. Attached is the clearance checklist. Thank you for your time and assistance in keeping our environment safety compliant!
- 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply Lists
- Fact Grant and Aid Information
- Angel Point Volunteer Information
- Updated School Calendar
- CYO Volleyball Flyer
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, August 16, 2019:
2019-20 updated school calendar.pdf
FACTS Grand & Aid information.pdf
Mandatory Supply Coupon 19-20.pdf
School Supply List 2019-20.pdf