Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 8.21.19
August 21, 2019
- The month of August is traditionally dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The physical heart of Mary is venerated (and not adored as the Sacred Heart of Jesus is) because it is united to her person and is the seat of her love (especially for her divine Son), virtue, and inner life. ~ Catholicculture.org. Take sometime this month to pray the nine-day prayer for any special intentions in your life.
Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of
mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your
intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions
we place before you today, especially … (special intention).
- DATE CHANGE: September 13th is a full day and September 20th is a noon dismissal. Please see attached the new updated school calendar.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- A parent to manage the online Scripts for gift cards
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
Please call or email the office if you are interested in helping.
- Hot dog and Pizza will start on Tuesday September 10th for Hot Dogs and September 13th for Pizza.
- GYM WILL BE ON THURSDAY’S. STARTING ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 29TH.
- The annual Sacred Heart School Cougar Classic Golf Tournament returns on Sunday, September 22 at 1:00 pm at Southmoore Golf Course. This event is a few months away, but we need sponsors. Please share this information with everyone you know. If you do not play golf, maybe your company or someone you know would like to play and/or sponsor. If you can support this event, please contact Jeana Santostefano at email@example.com or cell phone # 908-294-4460. Every little bit helps move us closer to our goals, and we look forward to seeing many of you there. All monetary donations can be sent to the school address c/o Jeana Santostefano RE: Cougar Classic. Thank you!
- Cougar Classic Golf Tournament information go to link: https://www.sacred-heart-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SHS-cougar-classic-brochure.pdf
- **SOCCER SIGNUPS** “Sacred Heart CYO is accepting Fall Soccer signups. Please let our CYO Director, Frank Hesch know if your child will be participating in this year’s Fall Soccer Program. Even if you have yet to turn in registration forms, our CYO is compiling how many players we will have to determine how many teams we will field. We are looking at fielding teams for the U7, U10, and U12 age groups. The season starts in early September. Contact Frank Hesch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 610-462-0697.”
- If you have not paid your 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment below. All school supply lists are attached below. Please make check out to Sacred Heart School or stop by the school office during office hours. The 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply fees need to be paid before the first day of school on August 26th.
- Please see below information about Gaint Food Stores A+ Rewards Program.
- All documents must be COMPLETED in the FACTS system to be awarded aid. Please see attached the instructions to apply.
- Students in the middle school grades have received their information to Math Summer work on Khan Academy and Reading work. Please log on to make sure your username and password are working. If you have any questions or issues, please email the office and we will assist you.
- Important Dates:
- 8/26 – First Day of School – Ice Cream Society 6:30pm to 7:30pm at playground.
- 9/22 – Cougar Classic Golf Tournament
- Are you LOOKING TO HELP WITH CLASS TRIPS OR CLASSROOM FUN? Great! We are so thankful that parents and grandparents want to help on field trips and during school functions, but in order to participate in these activities, volunteers need to complete clearances. Why not get a head start on it now for next year? Most of the items can be done online, with the exception of Protecting God’s Children and the fingerprinting. The list of items needed for clearances are necessary in order to participate at school functions with the students. Protecting God’s Children workshop is offered twice in July and twice in August. Dates and times can be found on the Allentown Diocesan website under calendar. Simply click on the date you can attend and it will take you to registration. Fingerprinting, Criminal Background, and Child Abuse background are free for volunteers. Simply stop in at the Parish Office and Denise Robinson can give the codes for your convenience. Attached is the clearance checklist. Thank you for your time and assistance in keeping our environment safety compliant!
- Principal Letter
- 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply Lists
- New Updated School Calendar
- Giant Food Stores A+ Rewards Information
Attachments available for 30 days until Sunday, September 22, 2019:
Mandatory Supply Coupon 19-20.pdf
2019-20 First Day of School Supply List.pdf
School Supply List 2019-20.pdf
2019-20 school calendar UPDATED.pdf