Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 8.28.19
August 28, 2019
- The Month of September is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, whose memorial the Church celebrates on September 15th. The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Mary’s and meditating on her tear and dolors (sorrows). –www.catholicculture.com
- DATE CHANGE: September 13th is a full day and September 20th is a noon dismissal. Please see attached the new updated school calendar.
- Would you like to honor the memory of a loved one? Are you, or a family member, a Sacred Heart School graduate? Please consider making a donation to our Annual Golf Tournament in memory or recognition of these individuals. Your tax deductible gift will help provide additional opportunities for our Sacred Heart School children that might otherwise not be possible. Monetary gifts are used to provide extracurricular activities, update technology and so much more. All donations will be accepted until Friday, September 20.
- The annual Sacred Heart School Cougar Classic Golf Tournament returns on Sunday, September 22 at 1:00 pm at Southmoore Golf Course. This event is a few months away, but we need sponsors. Please share this information with everyone you know. If you do not play golf, maybe your company or someone you know would like to play and/or sponsor. If you can support this event, please contact Jeana Santostefano at email@example.com or cell phone # 908-294-4460. Every little bit helps move us closer to our goals, and we look forward to seeing many of you there. All monetary donations can be sent to the school address c/o Jeana Santostefano RE: Cougar Classic. Thank you! Cougar Classic Golf Tournament information go to link: https://www.sacred-heart-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SHS-cougar-classic-brochure.pdf
- Please read the Sacred Heart School 2019-2020 Handbook, sign the Policy Agreement form, and return to the office. Thank you.
- HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION (HSA) We are looking for recommendation/nominations for officers in the HSA. Thanks to Mrs. Jillian Derhammer for graciously accepting the position of President. Please consider joining us in making this an extra special year for our students and families. We will be planning our first meeting in just a few weeks. Please complete the form below if you would like to nominate someone or accept a position yourself. If you have any inquiries for the offices, please contact Mrs. Thomas.
- We will have our parent Back to School Night on Monday, September 16th at 6:30- 8:00. Our Band Instrumental Teacher will be presenting a band parent meeting at 6:00.
- Changes In Normal Dismissal Method: Written parental requests for changes from the student’s regular dismissal routine, (i.e.: Bus riders requesting car transportation or changes for extended care). Please send a note to your child’s teacher if you need to change the normal dismissal method. Sending faxes or emails is not permitted.
- Donations for Sacred Heart School needed for band aids, tissues, sanitizer wipes, Lysol wipes, and plastic knives, forks and spoons.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- A parent to manage the online Scripts for gift cards
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
Please call or email the office if you are interested in helping.
- Hot dog and Pizza will start on Tuesday September 10th for Hot Dogs and September 13th for Pizza.
- GYM WILL BE ON THURSDAY’S. STARTING ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 29TH.
- Please see below information about Gaint Food Stores A+ Rewards Program.
- **SOCCER SIGNUPS** “Sacred Heart CYO is accepting Fall Soccer signups. Please let our CYO Director, Frank Hesch know if your child will be participating in this year’s Fall Soccer Program. Even if you have yet to turn in registration forms, our CYO is compiling how many players we will have to determine how many teams we will field. We are looking at fielding teams for the U7, U10, and U12 age groups. The season starts in early September. Contact Frank Hesch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 610-462-0697.”
- If you have not paid your 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment below. All school supply lists are attached below. Please make check out to Sacred Heart School or stop by the school office during office hours.
- HSA Information
- 2019-20 Sacred Heart School Handbook
- SHS Handbook Policy Agreement Form
- September Calendar
- 2019-20 Mandatory School Supply Lists
- New Updated School Calendar
- Giant Food Stores A+ Rewards Information
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, September 27, 2019:
SHS – Handbook 2019.2020 (002).pdf
Handbook – sign off form.pdf
Mandatory Supply Coupon 19-20.pdf
2019-20 school calendar UPDATED.pdf