Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 9.25.19
September 25, 2019
- The Month of September is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, whose memorial the Church celebrates on September 15th. The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Mary’s and meditating on her tear and dolors (sorrows). –www.catholicculture.com
- Option C Online Grading. All grades K-8 send test home for you to see and sign. Students in grades 3-8 use numbers grades and are able to view their child’s grades online. If you did not receive instructions to login to your child’s grades, please contact the office.
- PRETZEL THURSDAYS!!! Starting October 3rd. Bring in your $1.00 for a pretzel. Pretzels will be given out at lunch time. We are looking for a few parents that can help us in picking up pretzels from Pretzel Factory and delivering them to Sacred Heart on Thursdays by 11:45. This is an opportunity to earn some Angel Points. Please sign up below for a day that you are available. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0548ADAD2AA0F85-pretzel
- Please take time to review the Handbook and share information with your child various topics on rules and regulations with uniform and discipline. Please sign and return the Handbook Policy Agreement by September 20th. Our school does have Spiritwear for dress down days only. Students should have the required gym uniform for gym days, and should not wear other Sacred Heart spirit shirts.
- Join the Band.. Anyone from Grades 3-8. Why join? Well, learning and instrument teaches a person responsibility and commitment, but also builds confidence. Also, it’s fun and engaging!
- Advisory Board Meeting will be on Thursday, September, 26th from 6-7pm.
- KidsStuff Book Pre-School Fundraiser started on September 6th and goes to September 30th.
- **Angel Point Opportunities** Sacred Heart School has the best volunteers! Here are a few items that we need assistance with:
- Extended Care
- A parent to manage the online Scripts for gift cards
- Time to cover one lunch during the school year
Please call or email the office if you are interested in helping.
- Important Dates:
10/4 – Blessing of the Animals
10/10 – School Picture Day
10/11 – Student Council Induction and Campfire
10/14 – School is Closed – Columbus Day
10/16 – Progress Reports
10/22 – Bath Halloween Parade
10/24 and 10/25 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Matey’s Pizza Order Form
- **SOCCER SIGNUPS** “Sacred Heart CYO is accepting Fall Soccer signups. Please let our CYO Director, Frank Hesch know if your child will be participating in this year’s Fall Soccer Program. Even if you have yet to turn in registration forms, our CYO is compiling how many players we will have to determine how many teams we will field. We are looking at fielding teams for the U7, U10, and U12 age groups. The season starts in early September. Contact Frank Hesch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 610-462-0697.”